GM haxxors! Currently at about 120 failed login attempts today and counting. Over the last few months, here at Non-Fungi, we’ve seen an increase of spam to our email accounts and also now getting numerous brute force and failed login attempts accross several of our WordPress sites. The attackers use different IP addresses simultaneuously target a username with multiple login attempts.
WP Brute Force Prevention Plugins: ✅ Limit Login Attempts Reloaded ✅ WPS Hide Login
For real, we’ve been beavering up on the best methods to prevent it, such as hiding the wordpress login and a limit login attempts plugin, and of course keeping the SSL certificate up to date. We’ve seen a few good videos on Youtube covering WordPress login security and will continue to do the due diligence to keep our site and content safe.
Yay to The Limit Login Attempts Reloaded! is a nice plugin with useful features and is very capable free version. It lets you limit the amount of failed logins before the IP is locked out for a period of time, which is also customizable. Also can send an email when a certain amount of lockouts have occurred. You can also blacklist or whitelist different IP addresses and has some upgradeable paid features such as a cloud app login and more features and support.
So, WPS Hide login is more of a useful plugin against your random hacker or surfer trying to login and to maybe hide from bots. This plugin lets you change the URL of the WP login page from the standard WordPress location. I will mention it’s evident that the more advanced haxxors seem to even be able to attempt to login, even when you delete the login php page from the server lol, I’ve tried that.
So, hope this helps if it gets picked up in search engines or other WordPress bloggers that IMO these are a couple of the best plugins that I have currently found to help slow down, and hopefully prevent unwanted visitor or bots logging in to your site.
There are some Youtubers that have covered this, so a couple we’ve checked out is Tony Teaches Tech, he has a couple of videos on Brute Force attacks and how to prevent them. Also WP Learning Lab, we’ve linked or embedded them below:
- Web3 Lens ProtocolLens Protocol Decentralized Social Media Web3 community graph open source protocol Lens Protocol is in early stages but already has a lot of dapps, tools, video, social media and NFT […]
- Animated ART101 NFTisse SVGReturned for another free export save using the free svgator.com software. Using art from a newly minted NFT from ART101, a charming Matisse cut-out inspired NFT drop, artist Carty Sewill. […]
- View CounterJust a quick note to mention the view counter has been reactivated on blog posts and NFT drop event listings. We deactivated it for about the past month or so […]
- NFT Launch Generators Auto Mint Platforms and Decentralized StorageFrom Hashlips to SVG Stack We’ve seen several NFT projects, from individual artists and teams, that use various third party tools or platforms to aide in bringing their drop through […]
- NFTs for DeFiYou may have already seen youtube videos covering how to get cash for your NFTs without selling them, or you may now be just considering such options. We’ve been wondering […]
- thirdweb Signature Based MintingThirdweb Signature Based Minting Burst into heaven, or burst into web3! We’ve toyed with a couple of web3 projects from Moralis (web3 twitter and web3 Angry Birds Unity game), we’ve […]